Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone use Mobirise website builder?

Has anyone tried Mobirise mobile website builder?

Since iWeb's demise, I've been trying to find a site builder that is more along the WYSIWYG. I don't have a lot of time/experience to self-code. I have Rapidweaver and varying templates, but the whole "extra content" stacks has me scratching my head nine out of ten times. I want to create something eye-catching and yet be easy to use.

I welcome thoughts, suggestions, ideas.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 20, 2015 8:23 AM

23 replies

Oct 1, 2015 12:30 AM in response to nola carey

I am not an EverWeb 'fanboy' as you put it. I actually do not use EverWeb myself, but have tried it and it is very easy and very much like iWeb to use.

I would agree about using WordPress - I have a couple of sites in WordPress, but then changed most of my own sites over to Drupal because of what I wanted to do with them and I have to say that they are a lot easier to manage now.

Yes, go ahead and try out WordPress or Drupal. It is just that some older iWeb users can't seem to get their heads around WordPress either, even though it is very easy to use.

Oct 2, 2015 9:58 AM in response to newrom

With iWeb you can make a Mobile version of the website, using a HTML Snippet that detects the width of the screen visiting the Website and redirect the user to a mobile version of the website. I am using that , actually I found the code necessary to do that here on Apple Support Communities.

I am using iWeb, and I am providing professional web design services for clients using iWeb.

As I said before on the Apple Communities, when a Designer is good the pencil is not the decisive factor of the good work. It counts but it is not the end, it is just a means. About the clientes, I am talking about regular clients that have are Small-Medium business owners that just want a simple website with a good Design. I actually believe that all of this hype on "mobile optimized" is a pure marketing problem created.

Oct 4, 2015 12:57 AM in response to nola carey

We aren't "fanboys" of EverWeb. EverWeb is the closest thing to iWeb, with some additional features that iWeb never had.

Why not just use Google's Sites or Blogger, Wordpress,

Because these are content management systems, not web design tools. You cannot design a web site with these tools without knowing HTML, CSS, Javascript and other code. Plus Wordpress gets hacked all the time.

Weebly, etc.;

These online editors have some benefits such as editing from anywhere but they lack design flexibility (so many look the exact same), require an internet connection, and must be used within a browser. iWeb users, rightfully so, want something similar to iWeb and a desktop application provides a better user experience.

there are lots of free and robust wysiwyg website builders out there

Same reasons as above but also free is not sustainable. A free product is more likely to stop development and then iWeb users will be in the same place they are now. Having to learn a completely new product and redesign their website.

Also, check what you get with the free wysiwyg editors. It is usually a freemium offer so it's not actually free.

Oct 4, 2015 10:53 PM in response to charliemacOS

While it's true you cannot design offline with Blogger, or Wordpress.com, or Weebly, etc., it is very easy to design a web site within the parameters of a given template. So they are website designers as well as CMS. Very little, if any knowledge of html or css or any other code is required, but if it is desired, there are gazillions of websites devoted to advising and tutorials on how to use codes to tweak them. It is also easy to manipulate even the stock templates to achieve a distinctive, custom look. The free ones I mention have been around quite a while and have proven themselves to not being as 'unsustainable' as, say, iWeb did. There's no guarantee of any program's sustainability, including EverWeb. And btw, the fact that you can use them not only to design your website, but also for free hosting, these systems blow away whatever design advantages EverWeb might possess.

Anyone use Mobirise website builder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.