Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I store a numbers document locally on ipad

Hello. I'm looking to store a numbers document locally on my iPad. I edit it a lot using drop down boxes. But do not have a need for it to be updated on iCloud. Trying not to waste data with constant unneeded updates. I can't just shut off iCloud because I'm using other documents that need to be updated. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Posted on May 20, 2015 9:40 AM

2 replies

May 20, 2015 10:19 AM in response to cpslo555

You can turn on or off icloud updates using cellular in the setting app. That way it only updates when on wifi or plugged into the computer i think.

<settings --> Numbers --> Use Cellular Data>

Even then, Every document is stored locally and only the changes are sent up to the cloud, not the whole document. Thats the advantage of an XML based document.

I have everything turned on in iWork for icloud except keynote, due to the size of graphics that would have to get downloaded/uploaded.

I use numbers almost daily, and since I last recent my statistics in March, it has used a whopping 536 kb.

Jason

May 20, 2015 11:27 AM in response to cpslo555

iCloud settings for an iWorks type app are "all or nothing". You can't set it for individual files.

You might try using a file management app such as Documents by Readdle and storing it in its local library (then deleting from Numbers). You will need to open it from Numbers and not directly through Documents, however, to keep the single copy and not have it stored in numbers. I haven't done this extensively, but the couple of times I have it seems to work.

How do I store a numbers document locally on ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.