Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus acts erratically at random times

Sometimes If the Phone has been on charge for a bit, and I attempt to use it, the phone acts like it can't track my fingers properly and presses buttons that I do not press, randomly double-clicks the home button without it being physically touched, switches between apps randomly, and I lose progress in some apps, like missing notifications from Facebook, etc....

This has been a problem since I've owned it. Going from iOS 8.1.3 to current. Has anyone else experienced such issues? it makes texting and communicating hard when I can't type a proper message or the messages get sent randomly before their completed.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 20, 2015 9:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 10:12 AM

This has been a problem since I've owned it. Going from iOS 8.1.3 to current.

What troubleshooting steps have you tried (i.e. restart, reset, restore), since you've had these issues for months?

7 replies

Jan 21, 2016 5:12 AM in response to njbeachbum

I have the exact same problem!!!! I swear it's like the phone is possessed! I did all kinds of resets and restores about 5 times each to no avail. I contacted AT&T and they replaced my phone. I backed up the old phone again and restored the backup to the new phone... Same problem now happens with the new phone!!!! I went to the Apple Store and they said there was some sort of corruption in the phone that was saved in the backup that carried over to the new phone when I restored the backup from the old phone to it. They said they could fix it but didn't say how or what caused it. Unfortunately, there was over a 3 hour wait and I couldn't stay. Has anyone found the fix to this issue on their own yet?

Jan 21, 2016 8:12 AM in response to sherryi

More than likely the problem is just as Apple described to you, corruption in the backup file. That will easily move from phone to phone when you restore devices from a backup. Your only alternative at home, and exactly what Apple would do at the Apple Store, is to restore the device to factory, and then sync your data back to the phone individually, not from the backup. You need to ensure that your photos have been imported to the computer, and your contacts and calendar have either been synced to a supported application on the computer or to a cloud service. You will also need your Wi-Fi passwords and any other passcodes, as you will have to enter all of that information again. Transfer all of your iTunes purchases to the computer and your iTunes library. Restore to factory using the information and instructions here. Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

iPhone 6 Plus acts erratically at random times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.