Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New MacBook 12 94% of Health Battery on 15 Cycle.

iStat show that my New MacBook 12 has 94% Battery Health only has 15 Cycle and 16 days of use. Anyone has this issue with the New MacBook 12 Battery??

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 20, 2015 11:53 AM

8 replies

May 23, 2015 5:29 PM in response to Mark Krueger

Hello Mark,

It would be abnormal because you would be unnecessarily putting wear and tear on your machine. Those things aren't easily repaired you know. 🙂 The battery is considered a consumable. If it stop working and you have reached your maximum number of lifetime cycles, don't bother asking for a warranty replacement. This isn't as big a deal as it used to be. Apple rates the new MacBook at 1000 maximum lifetime cycles. I guess event at once per (work) day, you should get 3 year out of it. But remember, that is time to replace. At one cycle per day, it may only be a year or so until you can't get a full day on a charge anymore. Then you will have to plug it in. But if you push it to that point, you won't be very portable anymore.

I think the MagSafe has just spoiled you. If the machine is on a stable surface, it should be stable enough to arrange the wiring such that it isn't at imminent risk of being pulled onto the floor. Leave it plugged in and in 3 years, you will still have a portable computer when you really do need one.

Dec 6, 2015 3:07 AM in response to alxirr1

My MacBook came with 4 cycles from the factory. I have 20 cycles and 94% life and 4954 mah. I never got more than 5 hours of battery life. The 9-10 hours rating is way overated and generally *****. I am not even bothering going to the genius bar as they will check the status and it will show normal. The only macbook with a good battery life is the air 13". I miss it, even though the retina display is nice to have

New MacBook 12 94% of Health Battery on 15 Cycle.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.