Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 3rd Gen & iTunes 12 compatibility

Hey guys just after some compatibility information I have a friend that has an iPod touch 3rd generation running iOS 5.1.1 a MBP running OS X 10.10.3 and iTunes 12.1.2 and the iPod is not detected in iTunes as far as I can tell its only been an issue since updating the Mac now when I say update I'm not sure what they updated like whether it was OS X or iTunes also I currently don't have access to the iPod or the Mac to check any further details.

I will mention though they seem to be having the same issue with an iPhone but again I don't know what model it is or what version of iOS its running I will mention though that the devices have been tested with various cables and regardless of the cable the issue persists also my friend has tried other USB devices such as flash drives in the Mac on the same ports and they work without an issue they also opened image capture on the Mac with the devices connected and they weren't detected there either.

Also I checked iPod touch (3rd generation) - Technical Specifications and Mac tracker and they both seem to indicate that it should be compatible but Mac tracker is not real clear about it and Tech specs hasn't been update since 2012

If anyone out there has an iPod touch 3rd Gen with this setup and its working some confirmation would be great.

Posted on May 20, 2015 8:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 9:10 AM

The latest version of iTunes is compatible with all versions of iPods and iOS devices.

Have you tried:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

3 replies

May 20, 2015 9:20 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it a lot I've not had a chance to try that yet as my friend is currently not contactable but I will definitely try that tomorrow by any chance do you have a link or something that links to that information not that i doubt your knowledge you obviously know a thing or too seen as you have 159000 points but I just like to be thorough.

Thanks again for the reply and your time

iPod Touch 3rd Gen & iTunes 12 compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.