Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot turn off location services after upgrading to iOS8.3 on my iPhone6Plus

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 20, 2015 10:16 AM

6 replies

May 22, 2015 11:00 AM in response to artigasrafa

Hello artigasrafa,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you're unable to turn off Location Services on your iPhone, then I'd like you to please Reset Location and Privacy by going to the following location:

Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy

About privacy and Location Services using iOS 8 on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

This will reset your location settings back to the factory default settings. After resetting, please try again to turn off Location Services.

Have a good one,

Alex H.

May 22, 2015 11:11 AM in response to artigasrafa

Thanks AlexH, but I have already tried that to no avail. It did reset everything else except the ability to turn off the Location Services main button. You can turn off individual apps access, but the main button is grayed out and non-functional as it was previously. Before the upgrade to 8.3 it was working normally. Thanks, again. I hope this is fixed for 8.4!

May 22, 2015 11:12 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Re: I cannot turn off location services after upgrading to iOS8.3 on my iPhone6Plus

Thanks AlexH, but I have already tried that to no avail. It did reset everything else except the ability to turn off the Location Services main button. You can turn off individual apps access, but the main button is grayed out and non-functional as it was previously. Before the upgrade to 8.3 it was working normally. Thank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.