Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching Off Air Drop

When I switch off my Airdrop, Why does the bluetooth and wifi stay enabled? Shouldn't it be switched off the way it turned on? correct me If im Wrong!

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 20, 2015 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 9:51 AM

No. AirDrop needs BT and Wifi to work so it turns them on if they are not on so it can use them. however when turning off AirDrop, you may still want to use Wifi or Bt for something else, so it does not turn them off itself. Its perfectly normal.

Just turn them off from the control panel, if you are not going to be using them.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 9:51 AM in response to Vigneshwar1003

No. AirDrop needs BT and Wifi to work so it turns them on if they are not on so it can use them. however when turning off AirDrop, you may still want to use Wifi or Bt for something else, so it does not turn them off itself. Its perfectly normal.

Just turn them off from the control panel, if you are not going to be using them.

Switching Off Air Drop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.