Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete one user's backup on time capsule

How do I delete one user's backup on time capsule in order to conserve space?

MacBook 2.4 gHz & iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.4), Iphone 3g, iMac Flat Screen

Posted on May 20, 2015 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 10:27 AM

Use the Finder to mount the Time Capsule hard drive......named "Data"....unless you have changed the name.....on your desktop.

Open up Data

You will see a sparesebundle file for each Mac that has been backing up with the name of the Mac to identify the file

Click on the name of the Mac whose backup file you want to delete to highlight it

Click the gear icon at the top of the window and select Move to Trash

Caution.....there is no going back at this point.

Allow a long time for the file to delete. It might be anywhere from 4-8 hours or more depending on how much data is in the backup. A good time to do this might be late at night so you can start the delete process and the file will be gone by morning.

If possible, connect your Mac to the Time Capsule using Ethernet, as this will go faster than wireless.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 10:27 AM in response to Winston Richie

Use the Finder to mount the Time Capsule hard drive......named "Data"....unless you have changed the name.....on your desktop.

Open up Data

You will see a sparesebundle file for each Mac that has been backing up with the name of the Mac to identify the file

Click on the name of the Mac whose backup file you want to delete to highlight it

Click the gear icon at the top of the window and select Move to Trash

Caution.....there is no going back at this point.

Allow a long time for the file to delete. It might be anywhere from 4-8 hours or more depending on how much data is in the backup. A good time to do this might be late at night so you can start the delete process and the file will be gone by morning.

If possible, connect your Mac to the Time Capsule using Ethernet, as this will go faster than wireless.

How do I delete one user's backup on time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.