Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

need to update iPhoto but app store doesnt have the update

What can I do? if I click to the iPhoto icon, it says I need to update, then app store says that doesn't have the update available....What can I do?

Im trying to open photos without using iCloud (have lots of photos) and is taking forever

Posted on May 20, 2015 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 10:09 AM

Click here and try following the instructions.

(127650)

5 replies

May 20, 2015 10:09 AM in response to Lavander01

You iPhoto app is still on your hard drive in the Applications folder. If you have any version of iPhoto 9.x before upgrading to 10.10.3 you can obtain iPhoto 9.6.1 from the App Store by following Terence Devlin's directions in this post:

Terence Devlin

Apr 14, 2015 11:21 AM

Re: Is Iphoto gone ? i want it back!

in response to Johannes666

Recommended

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

User uploaded file

May 20, 2015 10:51 AM in response to Lavander01

If it said Open in the App Store you have another iPhoto app somewhere on your hard drives. Do a search for it. All iPhoto apps must be off the HD before the App Store will allow a download.

Download and run Find Any File to search File Name contains iPhoto.app. in the file name.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages. If there's a library hiding somewhere on your hard drive FAF will find it.

need to update iPhoto but app store doesnt have the update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.