Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Update Errors

I am having problems updating my Apple Watch. Anybody else in the same boat? I am connected to wi-fi, my watch is on the charger and is at 100% battery and it is in range of my Apple Watch.

I keep getting the error message: "Unable to Verify Update - The Watch OS update couldn't be verified because you are not connected to the internet."

Has anybody else had this error and were they able to get around it? Thanks!

Posted on May 20, 2015 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2017 9:31 AM

Amazing......Apple labels your post as a solution. You posted this in May, 2015. It's now June, 2017, and I still had the same problem this morning. So two years later the "solution" is to set up the watch as a new watch as if apple's customers don't have anything better to do. I have been an apple computer user since '93 and their hardware used to "just work." When they can't come up with a better "solution" than what you posted then I'd say they are falling down on the job and letting their customers down. It did work though.

29 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2017 9:31 AM in response to justin47

Amazing......Apple labels your post as a solution. You posted this in May, 2015. It's now June, 2017, and I still had the same problem this morning. So two years later the "solution" is to set up the watch as a new watch as if apple's customers don't have anything better to do. I have been an apple computer user since '93 and their hardware used to "just work." When they can't come up with a better "solution" than what you posted then I'd say they are falling down on the job and letting their customers down. It did work though.

May 20, 2015 12:08 PM in response to andrewfromherford

hi I had the same problem I contacted apple via their chat support was told to power off the iPhone and power off the watch then switch back on the phone first then the watch put watch on its charger make sure the phone is running the latest software and then bring up the software update via the phone watch app this worked for me have not had a problem since.

May 22, 2015 3:23 PM in response to justin47

I have the same issue. I've tried the power off/on suggestion, resetting the watch, unpairing and re-pairing the watch (4 or 5 times now), restoring my iPhone 6 Plus from backup, and even pairing with my partner's iPhone 6 to try from that, and still get the error every time.

I'm in New Zealand with an NZ address on my Apple account and the Watch hasn't been released here yet, but I was able to register it to my account so I'm thinking it's possible but not likely that it's a geo issue.

Fen

May 25, 2015 12:46 PM in response to justin47

This might not seem like the best way to solve the problem, but it worked for me. I reset my Watch back to the state it originally came in, restored my watch from back-up (from my iPhone), and then applied the update.

For those of you who like step-by-step instructions...

1. On the Watch: Go to General --> Settings --> Reset --> Erase All Content and Settings

2. Let the Watch reset back to basically the state that it came in when it first arrived.

3. Pair the Watch again to the iPhone: Open the iPhone app and pair it to my Apple Watch.

4. Restored my Watch from the back-up.

5. Put my Watch on the charger.

6. Opened the Apple Watch app and applied the update from my iPhone.

hope this helps!

Apple Watch Update Errors

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.