Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installer Frozen

I'm working with a MacBook (2008) running 10.6.8. I have nearly 15 gigs free space, so I know that's not the issue. I've had trouble installing Texas Instruments' connection software to back up my TI 84+ Calculator. The issue has been in the installation of the software itself. It seems to keep freezing, or getting stuck, and different points. I've deleted, emptied the trash, re-downloaded, and re-installed on multiple occasions now, and the best I can get is the message "Waiting for other installations to complete" for hours on end.Here is the link for what I'm trying to install. I've had a version of it before, but it rarely recognized my calculator when plugged in. I also tried to complete the Microsoft Auto Update to update my version of Word, and it is also stuck with the same message. Any advice or troubleshooting?

Thank you for any expertise,

JS

MacBook

MacBook

Posted on May 20, 2015 10:47 AM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 8:48 AM in response to JSea1408

Try booting into the Safe Mode to see if you can install it there.

Safe Mode

If that doesn't work, try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Installer Frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.