Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ibook widgets Help

Hello

i an having issues with an ibook widget i have created. i have made the widget from scratch. ( HTML CSS and JS ) i can get everything to work when i import the file into the ibook but the animation for rotation will not work. i am using java script to dynamically change the angle of rotation using the CSS property

ex(elem.style.WebkitTransform = "rotate("+degrees+"deg)";) this works fine in a normal web browser but not in the ibook. could you please help me find a way to get the rotation to work with or without the webkit transformation or tell me what version of webkit you are using to i can update this. thank you

iBook

Posted on May 20, 2015 12:42 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 10:50 AM in response to the_internet_made_me_crazy

This is deeper than my direct knowledge goes - but a thought I have is " What browser-like engine is iBooks using to "play" your interactive content? " iBooks Author states that the Widget HTML file is free to use any valid HTML page, CSS and JavaScript. Where Firefox or Chrome might succeed in some things, Safari has been known to be somewhat 'finicky'.

A question you also might consider is iBooks versioning. I have seen old versions of Safari succeed where new Safari version won't.

Consider cross posting your question in iBooks Author forum if no one here helps. Widget support & development is kind of a "built-in" rather than "from scratch" feature of iBooks and iBooks Author.

ibook widgets Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.