Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a message on my pc thats says the upload folder for icloud photos is missing

upload folder for icloud photos is missing. how do i reinstall, need help.

Windows 8

Posted on May 20, 2015 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 7:59 AM

Not sure if you have solved this yet? I had a similar problem for the last few days, eventually I right clicked on the properties tab on the picture file, then the security tab. Somehow, even though I am an administrator on my lap top, I did not have permission to add any photos...hence why iCloud was thowing a fit every time it tried to upload.

I changed the "permissions" so I could do everything and the problem went away.

No diea why it started in the first place but possibly related to me removing Office 365 recently...I don't know.

Hope this helps in some way!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 7:59 AM in response to dragonlady69

Not sure if you have solved this yet? I had a similar problem for the last few days, eventually I right clicked on the properties tab on the picture file, then the security tab. Somehow, even though I am an administrator on my lap top, I did not have permission to add any photos...hence why iCloud was thowing a fit every time it tried to upload.

I changed the "permissions" so I could do everything and the problem went away.

No diea why it started in the first place but possibly related to me removing Office 365 recently...I don't know.

Hope this helps in some way!

Jul 11, 2015 2:43 PM in response to relaxedmuscle

I also had a similar problem. I have Windows 8.1. I uninstalled and reinstalled the iCloud control panel and still had the problem with the error message - The upload folder for iCloud Photos is missing. Use the iCloud control panel to pick a new folder.

After reading relaxedmuscle's response to dragonlady69, I just right clicked on the 'Pictures' folder brought up the properties tab and clicked restore default and it has worked like a charm. I also removed some software as well as disconnected OneDrive so not sure if that messed up with the Pictures folder. I've had no problems since. I think it has something to do with the 'user' directory rather than system directory.

Hope this helps other users who have similar problems with the error message - The upload folder for iCloud Photos is missing. Use the iCloud control panel to pick a new folder.

i have a message on my pc thats says the upload folder for icloud photos is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.