Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi and messaging problems!

My iPhone 5s keeps kicking me off wifi. This never happened when I first bought my phone (when the 5s came out) but is happening all the time now.

Also: when my phone is sleeping I don't get any messaging notifications unless I press the home button. I then receive my texts all at once.

Anyone know how to fix this without paying a crazy amount of money for a new phone?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 20, 2015 1:15 PM

1 reply

May 22, 2015 1:38 PM in response to daniellerego

Hi daniellerego,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your iPhone 5s is not staying connected to Wi-Fi networks.

As a starting point, see the troubleshooting steps in this article:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

If you've already tried the more common steps such as toggling Wi-Fi off and on, and restarting your iPhone, be sure to try this one:

Reset your Network Settings.
Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If you're not receiving Messages reliably either, you can find some additional troubleshooting steps in this support article:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sincerely,

Jeremy

Wifi and messaging problems!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.