Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a 10.58 version and need at least 10.7 to download driver for printer

I have a 10.58 version - how can I upgrade to be able to download my new printer drive which needs at least maxOSX 10.7

iMac, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on May 20, 2015 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 2:11 PM

Choose About this Mac from the Apple menu and check the processor.

If it's a PowerPC Mac, it's already running the newest OS it can.

If it's a Core Duo Mac and if desired, click here, install the DVD, and run Software Update. A Core Duo Mac can't run 10.7 or newer.

If it's a Core 2 Duo or better Mac, upgrade it as if it was a Core Duo Mac, and once done, if desired, open the Mac App Store and try downloading Yosemite. If you get told it's incompatible, go to the online Apple Store and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC software such as Microsoft Office 2004. If you upgrade the OS, back up the computer first.

(127656)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 2:11 PM in response to mjdiner110

Choose About this Mac from the Apple menu and check the processor.

If it's a PowerPC Mac, it's already running the newest OS it can.

If it's a Core Duo Mac and if desired, click here, install the DVD, and run Software Update. A Core Duo Mac can't run 10.7 or newer.

If it's a Core 2 Duo or better Mac, upgrade it as if it was a Core Duo Mac, and once done, if desired, open the Mac App Store and try downloading Yosemite. If you get told it's incompatible, go to the online Apple Store and order a download code for Lion 10.7.

Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC software such as Microsoft Office 2004. If you upgrade the OS, back up the computer first.

(127656)

i have a 10.58 version and need at least 10.7 to download driver for printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.