Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match not working on Mac, iPhone or any device. Getting messages like "The shared library iTunes Match is not accepting conenctions at this time".

iTunes Match is not working on Mac, iPhone or any device. Getting messages like "The shared library iTunes Match is not accepting conenctions at this time".

This is on 2 Macs, and iPhone. Anyone else seeing this?

Posted on May 20, 2015 3:01 PM

2 replies

May 22, 2015 2:38 PM in response to TimMyers

Hey Tim,

Sorry to hear you are not able to play your music. From that error message, It sounds like you are trying to use Home Sharing instead of iTunes Match. For most issues, try turning iTunes Match off and then back on to establish the connection again. For more information, take a look at the article below for more details.

Resolve issues with iTunes Match

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204406

Take care,

-Norm G.

May 23, 2015 4:25 AM in response to norm123

Hey Norm

No, I wasn't trying to use Home Sharing. None of my devices (MackBook Pro, MacMini, iPad, iPhone) were able to connect or were only able to connect intermittently to iTunes Match, the iTunes Store or iCloud for around 1 hour that night. No other internet services were affected so it was something specific to Apple. Logging in and out made no difference, some devices were able to log back in, some weren't but then the devices that could log in went into loops trying and failing to synchronise libraries and playlists and iCloud Photos started a full upload of everything on my MacBook. Luckily it hasn't duplicated anything so at least that part of it works ok. In the end I went to bed and left it to it, it was fine in the morning and no re-occurence.

Thanks for pitching in 🙂

Tim.

iTunes Match not working on Mac, iPhone or any device. Getting messages like "The shared library iTunes Match is not accepting conenctions at this time".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.