Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

exporting a GarageBand project to another DAW?

I have a song I've done in GarageBand, and would like to export the tracks to my friend's recording studio's digital audio set up (IZ Corp's RADAR). It would probably need to be in WAV format. Can this actually be done, or is this simply something you can't do with GarageBand?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 20, 2015 3:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 3:30 PM

You can export each track individually, if you solo it, when you share the project to disk or to iTunes.

If you need WAV files, share the songs to iTunes as AIFF files, and set iTunes to import as WAV (in Preferences > General > Import Settings"). That will et you convert the imported AIFF to WAV files.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 3:30 PM in response to bee-rye

You can export each track individually, if you solo it, when you share the project to disk or to iTunes.

If you need WAV files, share the songs to iTunes as AIFF files, and set iTunes to import as WAV (in Preferences > General > Import Settings"). That will et you convert the imported AIFF to WAV files.

May 20, 2015 3:48 PM in response to léonie

Thank you, we'll try it that way. Glad to hear I can solo the tracks, that will keep it simpler. I don't know if you can answer this, but once the tracks I did on GarageBand are loaded into the RADAR unit (or any other DAW, for that matter), are the effects I've used in GB editable in the other DAW? Or would they basically be there "as is," as if I'd just recorded them analog to digital on the other unit? Should I export them dry instead of with the effects?

May 20, 2015 10:29 PM in response to bee-rye

Exporting will create audio files with the effects burned in. You may wantt to export both the dry versions and the versions with the effects added, so you will have a reference what you need to reproduce.

IF your friend has Logic Pro X, you could transfer the GrarageBand project just as it is. Logic can open GarageBand songs as a Prject.

exporting a GarageBand project to another DAW?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.