Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music sync issues

Hello everyone Weird problem I have:

I edit dance performance videos I use both sound the actual sound from the performance and the audio track of the music directly capture from the CD in AIFF format Imported to FCP.

Since I start to edit video in HD (at least is since I realize I have this problem but maybe no related) the music tracks are no in sync with the theatre sound. I sync the tracks and in the middle of the track the CD track is 00.00.00.02 late and get's worse at the end I have to cut the CD track when I notice the change and move it 02 earlier and if the track is long i have to repeat the cut several times. So start fine and loos synchronization. It never happen before. And nothing actually changed. Same venue same computer play the music in the theater same computer edit the video same cameras. Already happen in the last two productions I edited.
Does anyone have an answer?
FCP 7

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.6 GHZ Intel core I7- 16 GB Mhz

Posted on May 20, 2015 4:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2015 6:19 AM

first, make sure you've converted the aiffs from cd to 48k 16bit aiffs. You can do this in compressor.

Then, there is a mysterious, inconsistent problem in fcp that sometimes can cause this. Make sure your easy setup is set to a format with the same frame rate as your video material and sequence. If this doesn't match, you'll sometimes see a synch problem with imported audio files. I've sometimes found that I actually have to create a new project, (after resetting the easy setup) and import the audio file into that project and then copy the audio clip to my original project. As I said, this doesn't seem to happen everytime, but it definitely can happen.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2015 6:19 AM in response to Hernan Justo

first, make sure you've converted the aiffs from cd to 48k 16bit aiffs. You can do this in compressor.

Then, there is a mysterious, inconsistent problem in fcp that sometimes can cause this. Make sure your easy setup is set to a format with the same frame rate as your video material and sequence. If this doesn't match, you'll sometimes see a synch problem with imported audio files. I've sometimes found that I actually have to create a new project, (after resetting the easy setup) and import the audio file into that project and then copy the audio clip to my original project. As I said, this doesn't seem to happen everytime, but it definitely can happen.

May 25, 2015 6:43 AM in response to Michael Grenadier

Hi Mike thanks so much I will try all those suggestions. But when you said Mysterious inconsistency problem is something that always happen that you noticed in FCP? because with me this is new. I try to pint point the problem in what was different. The only I can tell is that the theatre now use a computer to play the music and use to be a CD player. Now, I am who provide the thumb drive with the music to the Theatre and I use the same source to edit the video. The theatre use a Macbook pro just like me to play the music. and it is very weird because the track start fine and delays by the middle and end like if are different music versions. But I will try what you suggested to me Thanks so much fort making the time

Hernan

Music sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.