Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When running Thunderbridge connection between iMAC and macbook, opening VPN on one device kills the bridge. Is there any way around this?

When running Thunderbridge connection between iMAC and macbook, opening VPN on one device kills the bridge. Is there any way around this?

The link works fine for screen sharing but as soon as VPN tunnel is connected form one device it seems to kill the mac-mac bridge.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 20, 2015 3:27 PM

6 replies

May 20, 2015 3:45 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Ha thanks yes too busy mixing terms.

I use the iMAC as a larger screen than the macbook. Its a 5K so i cant connect as an extended screen, but thunderbolt allows both screen share and allows me to drop files onto the iMAC to process on larger screen easily. But i run VPN on the macbook to my corporate space, thats when the bridge fails.

May 20, 2015 4:18 PM in response to jaytee67

jaytee67 wrote:

I just corrected the earlier reply to reflect 5K!

Yes TDM seems to be not supported on the iMAC5K box. Hence my trying a bit of a kludge to leverage the larger screen. It's the VPN that kills the connectivity..hoping there may be a networking fix that can get me around it.

I see, well it looks like you have run into a limitation. I don't know of any solutions.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.