Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts sync from iPod iOS 8.3 to iCloud but not reverse

I want to keep my Contacts on my iMac in sync with my Contacts on my iPod Touch, iOS 8.3, through iCloud. When I make any change to my Contacts on my iPod Touch, the change is immediately pushed to iCloud and to my iMac. However, when I make a change either in the iMac Contacts application or in iCloud, the change does not appear on my iPod Touch.

The only way to get new Contacts data from iCloud to my iPod Touch is to make a Contacts change on the iPod Touch. That triggers a sync that fetches the new data in iCloud and puts it on my iPod Touch.

The Fetch New Data setting in my iPod's Mail, Contacts, Calendars preferences is "Push."

Where could I be going wrong?

Thank you,

Jay

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on May 20, 2015 4:31 PM

1 reply

May 25, 2015 9:40 PM in response to Jase the C

I spoke to Apple Support a couple of days ago. After listening to me describe the symptoms in detail, the support person had me reset my iPod Touch, including deleting all data. After I did that, Contacts on my iPod synced in both directions. But the cure was temporary. Later that day, the trouble returned -- my iPod uploads changes to iCloud, but it does not download changes from iCloud.

Contacts sync from iPod iOS 8.3 to iCloud but not reverse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.