Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have iPhoto version 9.6. Many of my photos in the Library do not show up in a slideshow. Why?

I have iPhoto version 9.6 and Yosemite v. 10.10.2. Many of my photos in my photo Library do not show up in a slideshow. Why?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 20, 2015 4:43 PM

7 replies

May 21, 2015 10:39 AM in response to Yer_Man

All of the photos are visible when I initially open a particular Event. When I double click on single image, I normally get that image plus a short line of photos at the bottom showing the sequence of photos. When I get to some photos, the screen is blank (black, no image). In some cases, I get the image of a triangle with an exclamation point in the triangle. I recall when I first upgraded to this level of iPhoto, I got some kind of a message like "Some photos cannot be processed." Stupid on my part to proceed.

Thanks to all who responded to my note. I appreciate your support.

May 21, 2015 11:07 AM in response to DesertPrism

The exclamation point is an indication that the link/file path to the original file has been broken. Do the following:

1 - launch iPhoto with the Command+Option keys held down to open the First Aid window. Be sure to follow the circled recommendation in the screenshot.

User uploaded file

2 - apply Option #4, Rebuild Database.

If you have continued issues with the thumbnails repeat with Option #2, Rebuild Thumbnails.

User uploaded file

May 21, 2015 8:04 PM in response to Old Toad

In prep, I did a backup of one of my photo Events. At the end of the backup effort I received this message: "iPhoto encountered the following issues while exporting your photos." Below this sentence was the icon triangle with an exclamation point in the center, and below that icon was a table showing the name of each photo for for which there was a snag followed by this note: "Could not convert the photo to the requested file format on export (followed by the name and file location of the photo)." The back up on my thumb drive showed both photo images and a lot of icon symbols for "jpeg." I am a bit hesitant about trying to rebuild my Library. The Library still contains the photo images, but I fear many of them will be reduced to icon symbols for "jpeg" in a rebuilding process. I never had this problem on my previous Mac with earlier versions of iPhoto.

As before, thank you for any insight about this predicament.

I have iPhoto version 9.6. Many of my photos in the Library do not show up in a slideshow. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.