Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is frozen, cannot do install or recovery.

My iPad is frozen, I cannot get the home screen up. It looks like it is super zoomed, so the passcode cannot be entered. I tried to follow the steps, connected it to a desktop computer, put up iTunes, pushed the buttons until the black screen with the iTune recovery screen came on. The problem is, my iPad is locked with a passcode, and iTunes says it cannot connect to it unless I input the passcode into the device. I cannot do that, it is very zoomed in, and I cannot get it to move to the buttons to input the passcode. I do have Find My Device activated, and started that up, but it says it cannot find my device because it is not connected to the Internet. So I cannot do an erase, either, because it is not connected to the Internet. What is the next step? Am I going to need to contact Apple and send it in?

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3, Not sure if iOS 8.1.3 or newer

Posted on May 20, 2015 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 6:08 PM

To disable Zoom double-tap the screen with three fingers.

Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Zoom and turn this OFF.

2 replies

May 20, 2015 8:30 PM in response to JimHdk

Thanks JimHdk!!! I had been trying that, numerous times, but I must have been doing too much swiping and not enough tapping. And I was probably using four fingers, not three. I know I was pinching with four fingers, too. So it was just zoomed in too far, it now works fine, don't need to do anything else. And my keyboard had been kind of slow to respond, and now that works fine, too...!? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING ME!!!

iPad is frozen, cannot do install or recovery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.