Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I saved some ringtones to my desktop so I can save them to iTunes. Some of them went to Tones like they should but some of them keep going to Music. How do I save them to Tones?

I saved some ringtones to my Desktop so that I can import them to my iTunes. Some of them went to Tones like they should and the rest keep going to Music. How do I get them to go to Tones?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 20, 2015 7:46 PM

2 replies

May 21, 2015 7:46 AM in response to grammiilene

Tones should be 40 seconds or less in length and in AAC (.m4a) format with a .m4r file extension. If you drop the files into the Automatically Add to iTunes folder inside your media folder they should be added to the correct section of your library.

For any file that still imports to Music set start and end times no more than 40 seconds apart, set your import settings to AAC, use the right-click menu to create an AAC version of the file, change the extension, and add it to that folder.

tt2

I saved some ringtones to my desktop so I can save them to iTunes. Some of them went to Tones like they should but some of them keep going to Music. How do I save them to Tones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.