Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot access iCloud Account

When I click on iCloud from the Go menu or the sidebar, I am given the opportunity to upgrade to iCloud Drive. When I take that option, it opens my account where I can see all the information that I have already selected. When I click on Account Details, all the info is correct. Even so, I cannot access my files on my iCloud Drive.

Is it safe for me to Sign Out and sign back in again? Or should I try to delete Preference file first?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 14GB 800 mhz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Posted on May 20, 2015 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:10 AM

I'm having the same problem. Tried my iCloud settings on my iMac, my MBA and on iCloud.com. None of which will let me in.

Something is wrong with the service. The fact that iCloud.com won't let me in, leads me to believe it's not my hardware.

11 replies

May 21, 2015 12:57 AM in response to Doug King

iCloud acting up with me too. After removing and adding iCloud account on my iMac, i'll allow me to check off mail, contacts, but now i can't get my calendar and reminders on my iMac. When i check box and say to sync my calendar, the wheel times out and unchecks the box. When i tried accessing my iCloud account on my iPhone to check settings, it's not taking my iTunes password.

May 21, 2015 1:21 AM in response to Doug King

I have the same problem and sign out sign in didn't solve it.

On sign in, iCloud send a request to one of my others devices to authorize the computer. This works but iCloud preference panel stays grey and ask for iCloud password again and again.

Of course no iCloud mail, server not connected.

iCloud account of my wife (same computer, same login) does work and can send and receive.

May 22, 2015 7:04 PM in response to Doug King

I took a chance and signed out of iCloud on my Mac, then signed back in. I was told that I would have to authorize the addition of the Mac from either my phone or my iPad. I waited for a long time and nothing appeared on either device so I clicked on Account Details and iCloud Drive Options and eventually an authorization popped up on my iPhone. The little circle spun until I gave up. Later I opened a Finder window and clicked on iCloud Drive in the Sidebar and I got in. Not sure exactly what I did to get this magical result, but I guess if you mess around long enough, you'll either be successful or break something. Sorry I can't remember exactly what I did.

cannot access iCloud Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.