Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this right?

I am having trouble viewing movies, on a laptop or desktop, on AppleTV. I turn a computer on, bring up iTunes, turn the AppleTV unit on, click on computer, select the movie and it should come up on my TV. I get the circle object in the middle of the screen but no movie.

Nothing has changed but yesterday I was able to view my TV movies. Any assistance is appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 20, 2015 5:49 PM

14 replies

May 21, 2015 7:25 AM in response to jmsfmtex

Alright, I now can bring up the TV Movies on the AppleTV device after restoring the factory settings. But now when I click on TV Shows, on the AppleTV my computer (iTunes) brings up the next, either song, movie, TV Show..., when I have one of the areas highlighted on top. So if I have music selected and click on the AppleTV it brings up the music menu, on the TV, but also the next selection on the iTunes on the computer. Am I being a little confusing? Why is the AppleTV bringing up anything on the iTunes on the computer?

Is this right?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.