Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create an editable shape in Pages from Illustrator?

Hello --

May be this is something that just keeps getting worse with iWork products or I might be missing something. But i used to be able to copy & paste an editable shape object from keynote to pages using the fantastic AI2Key Plugin. With the new pages this workflow seems broken and I cannot create such an editable shape anymore.

How can i import an editable shape into Pages? I understand that i can import an EPS file and such, but those become non-editable flat PNGs.

Any advice or hints much appreciated. Thank you!

patrick.

===

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 20, 2015 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2015 7:28 PM

Just keep using Pages '09. Pages 5 is not going to catch up any decade soon, if ever.

It is round about but you can import the shape into Keynote '09 then Pages '09 and finally open it in Pages 5.5.3, but is it worth it?

The one thing Pages 5 does have is better drawing and graphics tools, maybe you can create what you want directly in Pages 5?

The imported .eps file should be converted to an uneditable .pdf vector file not a bitmap .png file.

Peter

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2015 7:28 PM in response to Patrick J

Just keep using Pages '09. Pages 5 is not going to catch up any decade soon, if ever.

It is round about but you can import the shape into Keynote '09 then Pages '09 and finally open it in Pages 5.5.3, but is it worth it?

The one thing Pages 5 does have is better drawing and graphics tools, maybe you can create what you want directly in Pages 5?

The imported .eps file should be converted to an uneditable .pdf vector file not a bitmap .png file.

Peter

May 20, 2015 7:41 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Hello Peter --

thank you for your reply and insights. i ended up doing it exactly as you described, which is a tedious process. it is most unfortunate that iWork is become less and less useful as the versions are being released. Keynote & pages used to be great products to work with and do professional work, but now they remain a shadow of their former self.

i genuinely hope that this will change and evolve for the better.

thanks for your time.

patrick.

===

How to create an editable shape in Pages from Illustrator?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.