Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get the little exclamtion marks by songs

my iTunes duplicated all my songs and the other day iTunes was showing everyother song with little exclamation marks by them, this was helpful because I was able to easily go thru and just delete the duplicate, well now its not showing those marks by the songs, so how do I get them back on there?

Posted on May 20, 2015 6:36 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 2:47 PM in response to carworks98

I suspect there is a background story to this because this is not something iTunes just goes and does.

If the exclamation marks are appearing next to the songs for which you earlier deleted the duplicate then you probably deleted the actual file. Sometimes duplicates can be two entries in the iTunes database library pointing to a single file. If when you delete the duplicate you tell iTunes to delete the file it will break the link to the second entry because you have deleted the file to which both pointed. If this is indeed what you have done you will have to recover your files (and probably the whole iTunes library) from a backup.

how to get the little exclamtion marks by songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.