Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Play a Song I Downloaded- Not Authorized???

So I downloaded an album from the iTunes store the other day, and while most of it seems to play just fine, there's one song that won't play. Every time I try to play it, it says my computer needs to be authorized. At first I figured, that's weird, but no big deal, I'll just sign in so it will authorize. Well, when I do that, it tells me my computer is already authorized. But it still won't play.

I've seen this topic elsewhere on here, and someone suggested redownloading the song, but I can't figure out how to do that. I go into the iTunes store, look up the album, and there's no option anywhere to redownload any of the songs. The only option I see is to play it or share with others, and it won't let me play it in there either.

The song shows up in my purchased songs, though.

What can I do about this? I paid for the entire album, it'd be really nice to be able to play all of the songs on it.

Windows 8

Posted on May 20, 2015 10:40 PM

7 replies

May 20, 2015 10:51 PM in response to TheDude415

Hi Dude,

You can delete the song from your iTunes library (select the song, click on Edit, then on Delete). Then you can re-download it one of two ways:

1. Go to View and turn on "Show Music in the Cloud"

2. Go to the iTunes Store, click on Purchased under the Quick Links section, then on Songs>Not in My Library

With either option, you will see the song listed with the cloud icon next to it. Click on the cloud icon to re-download the song to your iTunes library, and see if that fixes the Authorization issue

Cheers,

GB

May 21, 2015 3:53 PM in response to TheDude415

TheDude415 wrote:

Tried that, still not doing anything.

To clarify, when I go into the store and go to the music I've purchased, the song does still show up in the regular "purchased" section, despite the fact that I deleted it. However, there's no option to redownload. And it doesn't appear at all in the "not in library" section.

Dude,

Just to make sure... Did you delete the iTunes library entry as well as the song file?

Can't Play a Song I Downloaded- Not Authorized???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.