Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can Not Connect to iCloud, getting an error message

5/21/15 1:56AM

I am trying to connect to iCloud, I keep getting an error message,on my Mac in iCloud. in my email Box I can not get email on my iCloud account.

the Error Message I am getting is Connection Error:

iCloud Encountered an Error while trying to connect to the Server.

Have you or know of this error problem?

Why is this happening?

I can not contact Apple to help me because My Computer apple Care Program has expired.

Can you help me? or find out what is going on with the iCloud Server?

Trisha Foster

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iPod Touch 5th Gen.32GB (iOS 8.1)

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:25 AM

Same here.... looks like te service is down?

4 replies

May 21, 2015 5:20 AM in response to Trisha Foster

There is this support article but I am inclined to believe that this is not something the mail users can solve - this problem is at head office !

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

Amazing how those error messages put all the onus for fixing it on the poor user, as if we had been into our settings and preferences in an effort to screw up our software !
We all know that the settings and passwords very rarely get corrupted on our machines and it's usually something that has happened somewhere else "down the line". Our efforts to fix this sort of problem are likely to do more harm than good.

I have already changed my port settings, re-entered passwords, and altered the security settings in an effort to sort this and now I am changing them all back.

😠

May 21, 2015 5:59 AM in response to Trisha Foster

Problem "seems" to have gone away.

I just successfully sent a message via icloud and it went immediately.

Now, of course that one-off result doesn't imply that it's solved but only that it may be.

Be nice if Apple contributed to this discussion and let us know what's happening.

There is another link from MacRumours from Feb 2014 that mentions some possible fixes

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/02/03/apple-mail-workaround/

But personally I'm reluctant to try any for the moment as I think this problem may just "go away".

I can Not Connect to iCloud, getting an error message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.