Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come certain FX show under the Instruments slot

Hello everyone,

This one has been bugging me for some time. After organizing my plugins, I see some FX when I click on the Instrument slot to add a new instrument. For example, I've organized my instrument plugins under 2 categories, Synths and Drum Machines, but when I click the Instrument slot on a channel, not only do I see these 2 categories but, at the moment, I also have Dynamics, EQ, Modulation FX, Pitch and Utility!

Do you know why this happens, and if there is a way to not show these under the Instrument slot?

Thank you so much!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:47 AM

4 replies

May 21, 2015 1:07 PM in response to anamorphis

Ok.. I think I see what's going on.... It's a bit odd though.. and it could be some form of corruption... but let's try and remove them...

Open the Plugin Manager.. and select the TOP Level (Instead of Show All) button in the top left hand corner.... This will show you everything on the right side of the Plugin Manager that has been moved/inserted into the Top level...

Note: If the FX's concerned can be Midi Controlled they will appear when you click on the Instrument button as well as the FX button...

Anyhow...

Now right click on the categories/Plugins you want to remove from the Top Level menu..... and select Remove...

Somehow they got added to the Top Level menu... Maybe accidentally when you were organizing?

Or maybe LPX just messed up in some weird way....

May 23, 2015 12:07 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hello once again,

I see what's going on. They are indeed MIDI controlled fx, so there's no way going around that. I looked into the Top Level, and there are no unwanted plugins/categories there, so the MIDI controlled plugins are the issue.

There's one thing that the Logic team should look into 😉

Anyway, thank you so much for taking the time. Worst than having an issue is not knowing what is causing it, and now, at least, I know!

How come certain FX show under the Instruments slot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.