Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i'm very upset about the service. i'm paying for the 200 GB iCloud Storage and i cannot use it!

😠

i'm very upset about the service. i'm paying for the 200 GB iCloud Storage and i cannot use it!

Posted on May 21, 2015 4:24 AM

6 replies

May 21, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Alan Smid

Hi leonie - I had the same issue this morning. I had a meeting this morning, was going to use Keynote, had the presentation on iCloud drive but was unable to access my Drive due to the servers not working. When I called Apple Support they tried to make it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal, 'Oops, our bad, sorry, it happens sometimes.' I pay for 200GB of storage and should be able to access my data all the time. I have never had this problem with Dropbox. Therefore, I am moving all of my Drive files over to there, even my photos.

I am doing what I can to disconnect from the mothership. Their customer support has plummeted in the last several years. :-(

May 24, 2015 9:07 AM in response to Alan Smid

I posted something similar few minutes ago for another question but my advices are the same :

- do not store everything in the same place !

- divide your "cloud documents" between iCloud and Dropbox, and for a very few if them !

- secure your privacies by using encrypted DMG files (Comment créer une image disque protégée par mot de passe (chiffrée) - Assistance Apple)

Cloud = dependent of your Internet connection and other event you cannot deal with => you pay, but you don't master anything !!

Buy a bluray writer and store you datas on disks ! Keep your datas closed from you. I know, maybe it's a little bit "old fashion" but I never found anything better when I encounter sudden major crash or connection break down.

I prefer CDs, DVDs, BDs instead of USB disks or silimar because them too, they become out from one moment to another, and you can just cry for the disks you haven't burn before : everything is lost ! 🙂

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.