Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

swupd_syncd Runaway Downloads

Hi folks.

10.5.8 Server on an old box I'm using for something else. Every so often, I log onto that server and I see that it's downloading around 2 MB/s, and I find out it's been doing it 24 hours a day for several days. I don't know why.

The culprit is swupd_syncd which from loose research, tells me that it's a software update issue. Now I'm not sure if it's the server downloading Apple updates for the clients the server thinks it's serving, or software updates for itself. I'm thinking the first, but I have no clue how to find that out. I've turned off software updates for the server itself, and that hasn't helped.

In the Server Admin, server.local: Services: Software Update is turned off. AFP and Web are turned on only.

What is this process and how can I turn this thing off? The server isn't serving clients. It's old and currently operating just as an OS to do things for me.

Any advice appreciated as it's messing up my Internet service and taking up my network.

Cheers

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 21, 2015 3:56 AM

1 reply

swupd_syncd Runaway Downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.