Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages permissions problem

I've recently had a new HD to replace a failing one. Now running OS 10.9.5, previously 10.7.5

I have successfully restored my files fine from a Time Machine backup, but now my pages documents are locked and permission denied to save new version. Alert message says I do not have privileges, but I am the administrator and have read and write permissions.

I have repaired disk permissions using Disk utility

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 21, 2015 4:09 AM

6 replies

May 21, 2015 9:32 AM in response to jeanfrombristol

You may need to rebuild permissions on your user account. To do this,boot to your Recovery partition (holding down the Command and R keys while booting) and open Terminal from the Utilities menu. In Terminal, type: ‘resetpassword’ (without the ’s), hit return, and select the admin user. You are not going to reset your password. Click on the icon for your Macs hard drive at the top. From the drop down below it select the user account which is having issues. At the bottom of the window, you'll see an area labeled Restore Home Directory Permissions and ACLs. Click the reset button there. The process takes a few minutes. When complete, restart.

Repair User Permissions

If that doesn't work.

User File Ownership - Reset see post by Linc Davis

May 26, 2015 3:38 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric, I'm trying this, however I'm wondering how long this process takes, it seems to be taking a very long time?

I have followed your instructions, I have the choice of user account, me (my name) and also system administrator which is also me. I've chosen my name and hit the reset button as instructed and now I have a greyed out "Done" button and nothing else seems to be happening at all. Should I also try reset on system administrator? When you say it takes a few minutes is that 10 mins or half an hour??

Jean

Pages permissions problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.