Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie project crash

Hello everyone

I am having a serious issue (WORK RELATED) I guess you realize the importance of it now. I have passed already my project deadline, yet worst to come, The project which I have spend so many hours on is not accessible. For some reason at certain moment I was not able to move around the cursor neither play the project, while the program was running I could see the project and which parts of the footage have been used, but I can not see the project. I cannot open it in the other programs like Quick Time , Final Cut Pro or iMovie 10.0.8. I have tried to finalize project and is not possible either (I get the error (-50)).

I would very much apreciate help in this matter. I have tired already deleting the unnecessary components (As given in this section http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3143)

Please HELP ME! Thank you in advance

Desperate

Ania

iMovie 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 21, 2015 3:55 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2015 5:42 AM in response to Ri-Anka

There may be more than one cause for this error, but in most cases the project to be published includes short clips of less than about 1.5 seconds duration.

Duplicate the project. From the duplicate, delete the short clips and try to publish. If that doesn't solve the problem, see the comments of Didorx in this thread and of jguttenberg in this thread.

iMovie project crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.