Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In numbers: how to copy 3 or more sheets to a new book

I have 12 books with data for Jan to Dec and want to merge them into one book is there a simple way of drawing the 12 sheets into one book

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 21, 2015 3:19 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2015 6:31 AM in response to JT@home

Nothing is built into Numbers to accomplish this.

I am not at my mac, but have you tried: (with both the Master (final) doc open and one monthly file open)

1 - click and drag the sheet over to the master

2 - Copy/paste the sheet from monthly over to master

3 - Make the twelve sheets in the master and copy/paste the tables from monthly into its tab in master?

Unless this is a common thing, it shouldnt take more than a few minutes to do twelve.

If this is something that has to be done multiple times, then a script might be able to do it.

Jason

May 21, 2015 6:39 AM in response to JT@home

We should make certain we are all using the same terminology:

A file contains a document

A document contains a sheets

A sheet contains a canvas

A canvas contains tables, media, text, graphical objects

A table contains cells

A cell contains a numbers, date/time values, durations, text, image fills, currency

So I think you are saying you have a document that contains a sheet. Each document has one month (in the one sheet). You want to consolidate the multiple documents into a single document with one sheet for each month. Is this correct?

If so you can save the document with the Jan data into a new doc (let call it the consolidated doc). Then do the following for each of the remaining months:

- open the next month

- select the menu item from the contextual menu for the sheet "Copy Sheet"

User uploaded file

- switch to the consolidated document and select from the contextual menu for the last sheet "Paste Sheet"

In numbers: how to copy 3 or more sheets to a new book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.