Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to update to 3.6 while running OS X 10.10.2?

I am running OS X 10.10.2 and Aperture 3.5.1. Everything is running fine now, but I want to update Aperture to 3.6 before I update the OS X and risk the problems described below. I went to the App Store and see Aperture in my Purchases. BUT, the button says "Open", not "Update" and only opens the app. How do I update?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 21, 2015 7:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 8:17 AM

I went to the App Store and see Aperture in my Purchases. BUT, the button says "Open", not "Update" and only opens the app. How do I update?

Move Aperture to the Trash (don't empty the Trash).

Disconnect all external drives that could have backup copies of Aperture. Then restart the AppStore.

The "Open" button should change to "Installl".

Aperture is no longer sold at the AppStore, so you cannot update or purchase, but you can reinstall, and that will download the most recent version compatible with your system.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Jedblfl

I went to the App Store and see Aperture in my Purchases. BUT, the button says "Open", not "Update" and only opens the app. How do I update?

Move Aperture to the Trash (don't empty the Trash).

Disconnect all external drives that could have backup copies of Aperture. Then restart the AppStore.

The "Open" button should change to "Installl".

Aperture is no longer sold at the AppStore, so you cannot update or purchase, but you can reinstall, and that will download the most recent version compatible with your system.

How to update to 3.6 while running OS X 10.10.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.