Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nail glue problem

So a while ago, my grandma gave me one of those stickers that goes over the home button, and she said it wouldn't stay on unless she glued it down with nail glue. However, she glued the button on crooked and I managed to get most of it off, but now there's just one small piece thats stuck in the glue. I don't wanna take any chances with acetone, but I don't know what else to do. Do I have to take it to apple and get it fixed or is there another way? Because where I live, there's no Apple stores nearby, the closest one is probably hours away.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.2

Posted on May 21, 2015 4:19 AM

4 replies

May 21, 2015 4:25 AM in response to CatnipRabbit

Unfortunately, I think all Apple will do is offer you an out of warranty replacement at a fee since what you're describing is 'accidental damage' or 'user abuse' (their terms, not mine)

I would NOT get acetone near your device. I have no idea what that'll do to the finish and how corrosive it'll be if it gets inside. My experience with nail glue is that eventually it gets brittle. I don't know if it's causing you an issue but I'd suggest that you just wait and give it some time. Let the elements weaken it and it may just pop off one day.

nail glue problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.