Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to keep quicktime recording the screen while doing something else

I want to make a screen recording with quicktime, but I need to do other stuff at the same time, so I need to leave the recording "in the background" so to speak

I've tried starting a recording on one desktop and use another to work, the problem is that when I switch desktops, the recording area doesn't appear to move but it actually does and records whatever is on screen, it doesn't matter that I started the recording on one desktop and switched to another, it just records the one that is being displayed

I also tried starting a recording on one user account and fast switching to another, but when I switch accounts the recording stops

Another thing I wanted to try was using a second screen, the problem is that I have an iMac that doesn't have HDMI ports and I don't have converters or a second screen for that matter

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on May 21, 2015 8:59 AM

There are no replies.

How to keep quicktime recording the screen while doing something else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.