Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to print with RT-AC66u?

Howdy Folks

I was wondering if you anyone could help me with this issue.

We have an ASUS RT-AC66u router that has a HP Photosmart C4795 printer connected to it via an USP connection.

The PC that is connected to the router can print with this connection but my iMac cannot.

I have tried the instruction from http://support.asus.com/Search/KDetail.aspx?SLanguage=en&no=709CD7A4-CFFE-D939-7 17D-D7CFD82C44B1&t=2 and it did not work.

I have tried to look at other sites to see if there are different options to set-up the connection for the printer and I seem to always run into this advice:

1) Go to printers

2) Press '+'

3) Select IP

4) Enter info as below

Address: 192.168.1.1

Protocol: LPD

Queue: LPRServer

Name: *I just left as it was, the address. You could probably change it if you wish*

Location: *Again can probably set as you like, i left it blank*

Use: *Select your printer driver. I had to manually select the gutenprint version of the driver for my print for it to work as Post Script version would not work.*

I do not know if my mac can see the printer but when I try to send a job to print, it appears that the job just hangs in the queue.

If I directly connect the printer to my mac then there is not issues printing.

Can anyone provide some advise on how I can successfully connect this printer to my mac. I would greatly appreciate it.

I am running OS X 10.10 if that makes a difference.

iMac7,1, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on May 21, 2015 8:35 AM

3 replies

May 21, 2015 8:55 AM in response to briguy2269

The router is not an Apple product, I'd suggest contact the manufacturer for support. If for some reason you cannot get it to work, the Apple Airport Extremes work perfectly and are incredibly simple to setup and maintain. You can find them discounted in Apple's online store in the refurbished section. In the USA that link would be:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FE918LL/A/refurbished-airport-extreme

Jul 15, 2016 11:45 AM in response to briguy2269

briguy2269 wrote:

I totally have this question too. Anyone know where to find some answers? It would be much appreciated.

Yes, as I answered in my initial post, please contact the manufacturers of the router. It is their device and they should know how best to support it.

You also may want to try forums that are specific to that brand of routers and see if there are others there that have had similar issues that have found solutions.

how to print with RT-AC66u?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.