Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade my MACKBOOKPRO HD GRAPHICS 3000 to 15.28.23.4101? I tried but got 9.17.10.401. My golf program will not send display to projector from system 7 partition and needs latest graphics.

The golf software Co. says I need to upgrade or edit my graphics card setting to make the projector the primary output. No idea how to do that. TThought I would upgrade the driver first. I was thinking system 7 is 32 bit but is the driver for Apple 64 bit? Did I load the wrong one? The golf software is in the system 7 partition.

MacBook Pro, Attempting to upgrade to Maverick

Posted on May 21, 2015 9:05 AM

7 replies

May 21, 2015 9:18 AM in response to nhfred

Snow Leopard IS OS X...

Maybe you'd like to actually describe your problem... How is the projector connected? What's wrong? You're asking about drivers and version numbers and you don't understand that OS X is an OS family... not a single thing. What exactly are you upgrading to right now? Yosemite (10.10), something else? We are not psychic. The more actual information you can provide, the more likely it is you'll find a solution to your problem.

May 21, 2015 9:38 AM in response to nhfred

SSorry the info was inadequate. I am running Optishot golf simulation software which has an infrared swing tracking pad that is connected to the USB port. The projector is also connected to the other USB port. The software running in the system 7 partition has output to the projector for three years. The golf software was upgraded to a higher level of HD graphics. My output failed to make it to the projector. They said to upgrade to the latest graphics card software and said you had to go directly to the Intel site to get it. I found that the latest is 15.28.23.4101. Since system 7 is 32 bit, I downloaded that version but looking at the properties got 9.17.10.4101. When I tried to run the golf software it failed again. I wrote the golf software folks again and they said, tough luck. You ought to try editing the graphic card output to make the Epson projector the primary display. I think that It would be better to see if I have not done something right? I thought upgrading to X might help and that is running now? I was thinking that might be related to the newest driver, but that is a guess. I have 21 minutes left in the upgrade.

May 21, 2015 10:38 AM in response to KiltedTim

Yes, Tim. You are correct. Windows 7. I was assuming it was the Windows 7 driver. I took a shot that maybe upgrading to Mac OS X might help? Yes, the inter-relationships of Mac/PC operating systems with boot-strap confuse me and I am over my head in trying to determine what to fix my problem. Probably upgrading to OS X is not related. Just a shot in the dark. You are way smarter than me.

Can I upgrade my MACKBOOKPRO HD GRAPHICS 3000 to 15.28.23.4101? I tried but got 9.17.10.401. My golf program will not send display to projector from system 7 partition and needs latest graphics.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.