Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Document created on Pages '09 and 'upgraded' to Pages 5.3.3 - colours don't print properly

Prints fine when opened in Pages '09, colours in text boxes are all wrong when the document is 'upgraded' to Pages 5.3.3. i.e a nice mauve, turns to a muddy brown. I have 2 printers and same on both. OS is Yosemite. What's going on?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Mid 2009

Posted on May 21, 2015 7:58 AM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 10:17 AM in response to petelyme

There is not one trace of Pages '09 v4 living inside Pages v5.5.3. It is an entirely different application that converts your older Pages '09 document, and what it is doing with color mapping is unknown. Short of ensuring that you are using the most recent printer drivers for Yosemite, one is left guessing.

I strongly recommend continuing to use Pages '09 v4.3 on Yosemite. Just works.

Document created on Pages '09 and 'upgraded' to Pages 5.3.3 - colours don't print properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.