Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iMac won't burn printable DVD's consistently from iDVD. It burned several non printable DVD's and has burned some printable DVD-R's, but "rejects" most of them from the same lot, or says it's a blank disc if it seemed to burn.

My iMac OS X 10.10.2 won't burn printable DVD's consistently from iDVD. I successfully burned several non printable DVD's with no problem, but after I purchased 50 Memorex "printable" DVD-R's I've only been able to burn 3 or 4. Most of the discs are ejected as "non-recordable," but some that do seem to burn ok are ejected as "blank discs" when I try to play them.

iMac, OS X 10.10.2

Posted on May 21, 2015 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 11:59 AM

Memorex are not highly regarded. Most of us here recommend Verbatim, Taiyo Tyden and Maxell. Fuji are also OK.

8 replies

May 21, 2015 1:28 PM in response to Klaus1

I would recommend Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs. They are made in Japan, not China. (I get excellent results using iMovie 06 with iDVD 11.)

I have found DVD+R to be more reliable than DVD-R. The only disadvantage to DVD+R is that DVD players manufacture before 2003 may not play them.

DVD+R disks are better than DVD-R disks because of the increased error correction technique used for the newer +R type.

http://www.supermediastore.com/product/u/taiyo-yuden-8x-dvd-plus-r-media-white-i nkjet-hub-printable-100-pack?utm_medium=…

May 22, 2015 6:49 AM in response to Ziatron

Thank you! I am ordering the Taiyo Yuden DVD+Rs from the supermediastore. What are the advantages/disadvantages of 8X or 16X?

I'm just trying to make copies for the members of my son's HS ski team. It's a total of 87 minutes of slide shows and videos of their races.

Thanks again!

May 22, 2015 8:42 AM in response to RCQ

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

Dec 17, 2015 10:13 AM in response to RCQ

Having same problem with Memorex printable dvd's and NOT with non printable dvd's Never encountered before. Swear it's the printable dvd. When burning from idvd my iMac make a humming noise. I know at this point it's not going to work. Burning right now via toast. Still making noise. Is dvd drive bad or bad dvd's???

Thanks. Need done for Xmas party.

my iMac won't burn printable DVD's consistently from iDVD. It burned several non printable DVD's and has burned some printable DVD-R's, but "rejects" most of them from the same lot, or says it's a blank disc if it seemed to burn.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.