Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bugs in Auto Sampler

I have been using Auto Sampler since it came out and at first, thought maybe my live rig setup was to blame (consists of a Mac Mini 2012 Core i5, 16GB, etc) screen sharing to a 2009 MBP. I would sample and at times (many times)- it would hang during the sampling (thus I could have 3 minutes of one note sustaining). I would leave it and eventually it would finish the sample- but then destroy the actual sample recorded to AIFF. Other times, it would make it through the sustain portion of the sample, then release- and just keep on recording for minutes at a time. Eventually, it would analyze it and move on.

I thought it might be the Penrose Machine causing the issue- or maybe a video driver issue (when it is drawing the waveform).

My one fix was to move around the auto sampler window on each note- it would usually work (crazy I know).

I got fed up today and decided to load up MS on my old iMac that is not used for music. I sampled a minimoog and sure enough- the exact same issues are occuring. So that confirms this is a bug in auto sampler.

Anyone else have this experience.

I even reported it to Apple and they asked me to do a system profiler thing and resubmit that file back to them. I have also heard this from some friends who were working on sampling projects of their own.

iMac 21.5" 3.06, MBP 15" 2.53, iPad, iPhone 3GS x2, ATV Gen 2 x2, and more-yikes, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on May 21, 2015 10:55 AM

2 replies

Bugs in Auto Sampler

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.