Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphoto Library Disappeared after Team Viewer Access

Hi,

I used Team Viewer to access my sisters MacBook Air, OS X 10.7.5, iPhoto'11 9.4.3. I used TeamViewer to remove an MacVX ads extension from her browsers. After I did that, she restarted her computer and all her photos were gone, all files from the images folder, including the iPhoto Library and Photo Booth Library, and even her wallpaper was gone. She has MacKepeer on her mac, and I know it do some bad things to the computer. And she hasn't a TimeMachine backup.

I have already tried almost all Troubleshooting steps I've found on this forum and over the internet. I've used programs to find hidden files, and it didn't found the library, I have tried some file recovery programs and they didn't found it also. It is not in the trash. I don't know what else I can do. If anyone have a solution to this problems, please help.

PS: I came up with a hypothesis that maybe the files were encrypted. But I don't know, since this feature were disable in MacKeeper.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:53 PM

5 replies

May 21, 2015 3:30 PM in response to DedeDC

Well I got to tell you with MacKeeper an inexperienced user, remote access and what not you're fishing with dynamite while drunk.

Try a file recovery utility - you won't get the library back but you might get the individual photos. Here's one: File Salvage - you can download a free trial and it will scan the disk for you and tell you with might be recoverable. Actual recovery will require that you purchase the app. There may be many files with the same or similar names. Always recover the largest file size.

There are other such apps. Search on Macupdate or the App Store

Iphoto Library Disappeared after Team Viewer Access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.