Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I use airplay on my ipad while I have a line plugged into the headphone jack?

I want to output sound from the headphone jack of my iPad or iPhone while using Bluetooth (to another speaker) or Airplay. Can I do this? I know is using Bluetooth, plugging something into the headphone jack stops the output to the Bluetooth speaker. Will I have the same problem if using Airplay?

iPhone 5s, null

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2015 1:39 PM

Hey Gouls,

For what you want to do yes. You can change the output from the headphones to an AirPlay device. All you would need to do is bring up Control Center and tap on the AirPlay button to change the output from Headphone to an Apple TV or whatever the name is for your AirPlay device. For more details, take a look at the article below.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

Take care,

-Norm G.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2015 1:39 PM in response to Gouls

Hey Gouls,

For what you want to do yes. You can change the output from the headphones to an AirPlay device. All you would need to do is bring up Control Center and tap on the AirPlay button to change the output from Headphone to an Apple TV or whatever the name is for your AirPlay device. For more details, take a look at the article below.

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

Take care,

-Norm G.

can I use airplay on my ipad while I have a line plugged into the headphone jack?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.