Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF to Word to Pages

I'm trying to get a pdf of my resume converted to a Word document as per the request of a recruiter.

The original document was created in Indesign CS4 and exported as a PDF so that Acrobat Pro 9 could then save the file as a Word doc and problem would be solved. Trouble is – when I try opening the Word document (that Acrobat creates) in Pages 5.5.3, I get a pop-up saying "Pages doesn’t support RTF files.". When I do a "get info" on the Word document in question it tells me that the document is a Microsoft Word 97-2004 document. Older word documents created by the same version of Acrobat Pro open fine in Pages but this newly created one doesn't. I don't own a copy of Microsoft Word. Any ideas?

Pages 5.5.3-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:15 PM

Hello

So your question is why Pages will not open a single document PDF / RTF as a .doc?

It seems to be giving you the answer.

Try this work-a-round.

Open as a PDF highlight and copy the contents into a new document.

If it fails on the Mac you can try that on an iOS device in iBooks.

This will give you the text and format

Best of Luck

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2015 12:15 PM in response to bsharkman

Hello

So your question is why Pages will not open a single document PDF / RTF as a .doc?

It seems to be giving you the answer.

Try this work-a-round.

Open as a PDF highlight and copy the contents into a new document.

If it fails on the Mac you can try that on an iOS device in iBooks.

This will give you the text and format

Best of Luck

PDF to Word to Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.