Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hands free text when driving

My previous smart phone would allow me to hear and answer texts hands free while driving. With previous phone I did nothing special in the set up (other than connecting to built in Bluetooth). The iPhone6 hands free sending and receiving of phone calls works fine. I have same carrier, AT&T.

iPhone 6

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:54 PM

3 replies

May 23, 2015 1:24 PM in response to AWM.RMM

Hi AWM.RMM,

Based on your description of what you are looking to do (hands-free sending and reading of text messages), it sounds like you may be interested in the Siri functionality on your iPhone 6. For more information about using Siri, you may find the following articles helpful:

About Siri - Apple Support

Get help with Siri - Apple Support

Get help using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

May 23, 2015 2:02 PM in response to brenden dv

Brenden

Thanks for the links. I have read them. None of them indicated how I hear an in coming text when my iPhone 6 is connected to my car blue tooth. I will try to send text using button steering wheel.

Apple support on the phone did not have any ideas other that it was the carrier (although I have used the same carrier for more then ten years and had no problems with this).

Hands free text when driving

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.