Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

De Authorizing Process

How do i deactivate my apple ID from old computers which I have already sold...

Posted on May 21, 2015 12:26 PM

2 replies

May 23, 2015 12:41 PM in response to mattulian

Hi mattulian,

I see that you need to deauthorize your Apple ID from some computers that are no longer in your possession. Here is an article for you with some suggestions on how to accomplish this task:

If need to deauthorize your computer but you can't access it, you need to deauthorize all computers. After you authorize 2 computers, you'll have the option to deauthorize all computers for your Apple ID. You can deauthorize all computers once per year.

Why should I deauthorize all of my computers?

To make sure that only you can play your content, or to free up authorizations used by your old computers. You should deauthorize all computers if:

• Your computer doesn't work anymore.
  • You sold or gave away a computer and didn't deauthorize it first.

What happens when I deauthorize all computers? Will I lose my content?

Just like when you deauthorize a single computer, you won't delete anything if you choose to deauthorize all computers. You just won't be able to play content that you bought from iTunes on those computers until you reauthorize them. You need to have the computer to reauthorize it.

Deauthorize your computer using iTunes - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204385

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

De Authorizing Process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.