Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iPad optized photos via itunes

Hi

When I used iPhoto it would sync optimized photos (via itunes) to my iPad, after updating to Photos – in iTunes the "Sync Photos" option became unchecked. I rechecked it, it then deleted the photos from the iPad and re-synced it up again. Now the photos take twice the space they once did.

I'm assuming that this is because it is now syncing full res versions of the photos rather than optimized versions.

Is there anyway to get it to sync optimized versions again WITHOUT using iCloud Photo Library?

I do not want to use iCloud Photo Library as I don't want my photo library in the cloud and I don't want really pay to upgrade my storage plan.

Is iCloud Photo Library the only way to achieve this now?

iPad, iOS 4, Mini | iMac 24" | iPod 5G | PB12 | PMG4 | 6100 | LCII

Posted on May 21, 2015 2:30 PM

1 reply

May 21, 2015 3:43 PM in response to think.different

Okay, this is odd.

I forgot to add a handful of photos to Photos so I had to re-sync the iPad again. But this time when I connected it the photos portion was no longer showing it taking up 30gb but now only 10gb?

So it does seem to still sync optimized photos – but on the first fresh sync the capacity they take up is reported inaccurately?

Sync iPad optized photos via itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.