Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

auto pics after motion is detected on i-phone 4

Need to program my i-phone 4 to sit on its own and detect motion. Then the motion detection should trigger pics that are automatically uploaded to email.

So basically if I can set the phone up this way ...

The phone will be propped up facing the direction of the expected activity. Photos will automatically be taken by the phone and uploaded to my email. Actually uploading them to i-cloud will also work as long as it is automatically triggered. Pretty sure all readers understand that I do not want any photo taking or email uploading to happen whwhile

While the phone is sitting on its own, I prefer that it be locked. I would also want to choose an interval between photos and an expiration time limit on the motion. Then the task should automatically reset.

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on May 21, 2015 1:22 PM

3 replies

May 21, 2015 8:09 PM in response to anypats

Actually, I know about the i-tune app for detecting motion. This does not do the job and since I have to learn to deal with the i-phone event scheduler I may as well do it all. Or at least purchase something which has the functionality for the job.

I own a camera which will start snapping pics when it detects motion so I expect a smart phone to do a bit more.

I really thought that lots of people know how to do this, but guess not.

auto pics after motion is detected on i-phone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.